Monday, October 14, 2013

Repeat Worthy: Sevyn Streeter ft. Chris Brown "It Won't Stop"

Let me introduce to some and present to others Sevyn Streeter. Formerly a member of TG4 and RichGirl, this talented singer and songwriter is the truth! Although she has been in the music business since the age of 15, I only became familiar with her music after she signed with Chris Brown's CBE label in 2012. Her song "I Like" was one of my favorite songs last year. Oh, but she outdid herself this year with the release of her single "It Won't Stop" in May. This song takes me back to the days of Aaliyah (sidebar - keep an ear out for an Aaliyah reference in the song). I grew up listening to powerful gospel singers in church, but I also love to hear a soft, melodic voice especially when it's paired with a hot beat and dope lyrics. Well, Sevyn hit the nail right on the head and achieved that sound effortlessly. Then, here she comes adding Chris Brown on the song. Yep, I was completely sold after that. The only thing that could make this song even better was a hot video. Welp, they did that. The first day I saw the video, I kept replaying it. After telling my friend to go watch the video, she text me saying "it makes me want a man and a warm beach." That about sums it up lol. So, enjoy this repeat worthy song "Sevyn Streeter ft. Chris Brown "It Won't Stop."



No comments:

Post a Comment